2021 Starboard 7'2"x30" Hyper Foil Starlite V2
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
The combination of a short compact outline, distinct channel bottom and thick profile makes it a platform for entry-levels learning to foil up to the world’s most progressive riders.
NEW ALL NEW SHORTER SIZE
The all new shorter size range from 5’11” to 7’2″ makes it easier to maneuver and control when flying, yet retains the stability needed to get into waves early.
NEW SHORTER ROUNDED NOSE OUTLINE
MAKES THE HYPER FOIL MORE DYNAMIC AND MANEUVERABLE
Better turning ability and less swing weight mean tighter turns and flying on the foil for longer. The 5” shorter length makes it smoother to turn without the nose catching and easier to trim the board.
NEW THE BOXY RAIL
Have a square shoulder rail to widen the deck area, making the boards feel wider and more stable. This extra volume makes a massive difference to have that little extra support and balance.
NEW REFINED FOIL BOX ANGLE
The rocker has been flattened in the center to ensure the foil box angle is always at 90 degrees, offering the most controlled and consistent lift for the best possible foil experience.
NEW FOIL BOX POSITION
The position of the box is optimized for downwind, pump foiling and wave riding. All constructions now feature the plate mount only, giving the flexibility to adjust the position for more or less lift and changing conditions.
NEW THE STRAIGHT OUTLINE
Optimizes the volume and stability to ride a short board that is compact and easy to control when flying.
ROUNDED VEE NOSE
Reduces the nose sticking and subsequent speed loss when touching down after flying. It also helps break the surface tension for faster release and lift.
- Provides stability similar to a trimaran. It also increases the tracking and control which is crucial when paddling shorter boards.
- The channels help reduce the wetted surface area to maintain speed on touchdowns and releases earlier when getting up.
SHARP CHANNEL EDGE
Gives a clean release point so the tail doesn’t drag.
RECESSED DECK PAD AREA
Lowers the center of gravity for extra stability and control to slightly wedge your feet against the rails.
NEW ROUND AND ANGLED TAIL KICK
Helps leverage the nose to release and pop up quickly and restricts the tail from touching down when pumping.
NEW CHAMFERED RAIL
Limits the rail touching when turning and reduces surface tension, while the tail feeds into a sharp edge for extra stability and release. The tail maintains a thicker rail edge to give more lift and float for getting up when Wing Foiling
EVA CENTER RIDGE
Makes it easy to feel and identify the middle of the board to stay centered and balanced.
NEW REDESIGNED TAIL KICK PAD
Has a center kick pad to push against to drive turns and assist in pumping. The flat sides allow water to flush off the deck and is more comfortable on the knees when prone paddling.
FOOT STRAP INSERTS
- 5 hole inserts make it easy to adjust the position and tightness of the strap based on rider preference.
- Front foot strap has centered inserts and 45 degree angled, accomodating different rider stances and also wing foiling.
- Both front and back strap inserts have a wider spread to adjust and move the feet freely when trimming the board.
- The back strap has center inserts only, so you always have the foot centered over the foil box.
- Footstraps not included. Sold separately aftermarket. Our footstraps use M7x32 Torx Screws. Please contact your nearest Starboard shops